choice of boiler suggestions pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will soon be converting 3 bed semi in hard water area to a four bed, by way of a loft conversion. Currently have a huge, old but reliable ideal floor mounted boiler in the kitchen, storage tank in airing cupboard on first floor, and all the smaller header tanks etc in the loft. I want to fit a combi boiler to save space on all the tanks etc, and I presume to save on gas bills. I want to get a top notch reliable boiler that will definitely provide sufficient running hot water for family of four with pretty heavy water use at times. I need to ensure that I make the right choice.....could any of you pros out there steer me in the right direction with any suggestions please. I am prepared to pay a premium for a quality boiler that will do the job I need safely reliably and well. Thanks

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
wouldnt go for a combi if your using more than one tap :D

What about a storage combi? fantastic flow and recovery rate for not a lot of money.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
what about condensing system boiler and unvented cylinder dogs b 88888cs :D

I'm doing my CITB G3 with Baxi in December, last week I got a call from a nice lady from Baxi wanting a few details. The first few are obvious Corgi reg no etc, then there was dietery requirements and finally "do you have any learning difficulties?" um, no I don't think so "well anyway it's a really easy course so it wouldn't matter if you did" whaaat???

As always these dicussions should start with the basics - how many bathrooms and what's the mains pressure and flow. Unvented is a waste of time if your mains is like many I see now - around 1.8 bar.

yeah, my fault,..........sorry.
going to be adding an extra bathroom as well in the loft conversion, so a set of taps , bath and shower in the first floor bathroom, and a set of taps and a shower in the loft bathroom.
so two bathrooms............I like the sound of a combi storage boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back