Tap washer and cistern siphon change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a couple of points I'd like some help with please.

FIrst of all, I have a dripping washer in my basin pillar tap. So I have turned off the gate valve, and take the tap assembly apart. I have bought a pack of washers but none fit the jumper/tap gear assembly properley! Some are a little small and some too big. What's the best solution: use a slightly smaller diameter washer ?

Seondly, do siphin/flush handle toilets have a smaller hole than push-button types? As I was thinking about buying a dual flush lever type flush valve, but currently my cistern has a sihpon and handle. Will the button be able to lay flush on the cistern wall, or will it be sticking out and unsightly due to the hole size?

Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
i would try the smaller washer with the tap....you will find although its a smaller washer it will still be big enough to stop the water through the tap....

The push button will almost certainly be bigger than the hole, some come with shrouds to mask the ugliness (a bit)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back