Baxi Combi Instant 105e - Flow Sensor Issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I'm really hoping someone can help me out...

We've got a Baxi Combi Instant 105e and at the moment are struggling for hot water in the Kitchen...

If I run the tap in there (even at a really high flow), the boiler doesn't notice and start to heat the water. If we use the pre-heat setting, I get warm water until that's exhausted, and then it runs cold - the boiler doesn't kick-in at full tilt. The only option to get more warm water is to turn pre-heat of and on again, to obtain another few litres...

Interestingly though, if I run the taps in the bathroom, the boiler does take note and begin to heat the water. It seems that I need to hit a pretty high flow-rate before anything happens though - certainly higher than the 2.5L/min that the user manual suggests...

Is the flow-sensor adjustable at all, or user-replaceable if the consensus is that it's shot?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for your reply :)

Also, apologies for my ignorance - if it's not a computer, car or TV gadget, I'm not so clued-up...

So, it needs this (http://www.heatingspareparts.com/diaphragm-dhw-differentail-p-2360031.html) £5 part right?

Just one more question then... Is that likely to be something pretty straightforward for me to fit myself? I'm not completely inept - have a bit of a penchant for gadgets, and dismantling and reassembling things has been a hobby of mine from an early age; but as above, boilers aren't something I've messed around with too much before...

I've just got a horrible feeling that it is indeed a £5 part, but it's going to be something really complicated to replace, leading to me spending hours on it before giving up, and paying someone a fortune to do for me. I really hope I'm mistaken...?

Thanks again,

Rob.

Turn cold water off under boiler open hot tap to drain.
Its the brass housing with the little tube coming out of it , 4 screws and take 5 mins , yep 5 quid part

Sponsored Links
That's awesome, you're a superstar.

Many and sincere thanks!

Rob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back