CONCRETE ROOF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i would wanna replace my outshed concrete roof which has cracks with joist and like a flat roof. the outshed is joined with the house and the concrete roof is embedded into the wall of the house. i think the roof is at the same level of the ceiling in the house which is in line with the floor of the upstairs rooms if u know what i mean.

how will it be possible to replace this without affecting the walls of the outshed as i would like to turn it into a nice pad

thanks for ur help

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
start at the far end (away from the wall) and jack hammer it to pieces.

the re-bar should prevent you from falling through. :eek:

once you get closer to the wall, channel it out piecemeal from one end and replace the bricks as you go.

there may unavoidable damage as the concrete could be quite tight between courses.

how wide is the roof?

its like 14ft by 22ft approx.

as to covering it with lead, the walls ( 3-4 line of bricks towards the ceiling needs replacing on all the 3 walls of the outshed)

secondly, i want to take out the middle wall to make it a single space, it is for this reason i think the 3 walls will be taking on too much weight and could collapse starting from the middle.

do i make any sense to u guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back