vaillant turbomax 824e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ther i hope someone can help. i have hot water but the central heating is now not working. last week it was the other way round but i adjusted the pressure and they both worked for a week, but now no heating.

there was a s7 code about and hour ago, but now its showing as a s27 code.

i know there are 5 screw type things underneath that i have tried to adjust and a grey type knob in the top right corner but thats about the extent of my knowledge.

can anyone help with what may be wrong or things to try, cause its betting a bit bloomin cold up here!

Sponsored Links
If it is the one I'm thinking of, S27 is saying it is in pump over run mode for the HW preheat.

Perhaps the boiler is stuck on HW?

I don't know these older Vaillants too well.

DM where are you?

Are all the external controls on. Room stat, clock ?

Does the boiler fire or react at all to a CH demand?

Edit: s07 is overrun in heating mode. are the rads turned on? If they are it sounds like you diverter is faulty and seized in HW position

Sponsored Links
sorry dont understand about eternal controls and stat, but when i turn the dial to on for the ch it clicks for a wee bit as if it wants to start but nothing

is now on s27 instaed of s7!

We could help you more if you didn't touch the buttons and just told us what "F" codes it gives.

It might still be a faulty diverter valve.

Tony

there doesnt seem to be any f codes at all. it gives the temp and when you press the i button it says s0 now

drop down the the front panel and have a look at the brass diverter valve, left hand side, 3 connections and a black motor on top. There are 4 small drillings in the side of this valve, roughly what size are they?

cheers mickyg.
am i right in thinking that the divertor valve will need replaced then?

have you any idea about how much this should cost me in total with the labour...just so i have a rough idea and dont end up paying way more than i should?

cheers mickyg.
am i right in thinking that the divertor valve will need replaced then?

have you any idea about how much this should cost me in total with the labour...just so i have a rough idea and dont end up paying way more than i should?

part 252457. Vaillant fixed price repair £215 (parts and labour 01773 828100) . part alone approx £100.

We'd charge around £90 for part and £70 labour.

One job where Manufacturer is not the cheap option

thanks very much guys...it was the divertor valve. ended up paying valliant 25 a month for the next year (peace of mind) so i suppose its not too bad.

great to have heat again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back