boiler flu-- distance from window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In order to fit a new condensing boiler in my mothers kitchen, the most convenient position would be to brick up the smaller of 2 windows on the same wall (used to be the window in a long gone pantry) & fit the boiler there. However as we are anticipating a long wait for the guy to visit & advise I to want brick up the opening in preparation, but if the distance between the new flue & the window will not meet the regs.,then we will have to have a re-think about the boiler position I read in an old post that the distance between the flue & an opening is a min of 300mm. Is this still the case. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Its dependant on the boiler and what the manufacturers instructions state is the minimum distance.

In the absence of any MI's the standard is 300mm for a fan flue from any opening in the fabric of a building.

Perhaps you could ask your installer what boiler he is fitting and ascertain the exact requirements from this?

Ask your installer about the options of using a plume management kit as this enables the flue to be 50 mm away from the window. (if using a vaillant or glowworm)

Sponsored Links
Thanks to all, I think there will be enough distance to go ahead now & block up the window as the flew will be about 7-800mm from the window

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back