Replacement module control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The 'module control' on my bosch classixx 1000 washing machine seems to have burnt out. I have taken it out of the machine and can see some of the items have clearly 'blown', on the right hand side (looking from front) to the right of the program selector knob. Does anyone know where I can get a used replacement unit?

I have been onto the Bosch website and can see a price of over £200 plus postage which is most of the way to a new machine anyway.

The bosch original part number is 483971. However there seems to be a substitute part number of 432218 and the description is 'module control'.
I hoped to get a used spare part and hoped someone would either have one or perhaps know where I could source one.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
try emw in nottingham for a recon board , google it :p

Thanks very much for that info. I gave them a ring but unfortunatley they don't do Bosch appliances. They gave me another number of a firm called QER in Workington, Cumbria which I have tried to ring but no one answering so far.

Any other ideas very much welcome.

Try sending QER an e-mail at [email protected]. I've just had an exchange of e-mails with a guy there called Eddie trying to diagnose a possible fault on the control module on my Bosch Logixx. Whilst not showing any obvious signs of damage it's possible that failure of a solenoid valve on the Heat Exchange matrix has 'taken out' a chip which is messing up the programmes. Have now sent the module to QER and am awaiting a response. If they can't fix it they don't charge - other than about a fiver for looking at it.

Sponsored Links
Forgot to mention - be wary of installing a new or repaired Module if you have not solved what caused the problem in the first place ! From what I've seen on this and other forums a major problem with Bosch dishwashers is a propensity for the Module to blow when something goes wrong with the heater circuits - heavy loads I guess. Don't want to fit a new or repaired Module just for it to go up in smoke when you swich it on again.

Thanks very much for that. I actually came to the same conclusion myself and have been and ordered a new machine over the weekend. To be honest we have had the machine in regular use for 6 years without a single problem, so can't complain too much really.
The engineer I spoke to thought that the wearing of the brushes had caused a fault and then blew the board. I suppose that I really ought to change the brushes sooner rather than wait for them to fail.
Thank you
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back