radiator thermostat for potterton flamingo 2 boiler

D

Deleted 102983

Hi,

I have a potterton flamingo 2 boiler (which has it's usual boiler thermostat) but I need some advice on where a wall thermostat would need to be fitted? This is a thermostat to regulate the temperature in the house. At the moment I only have thermostats on the individual radiators, but I want one that controls by the temperature in the house.

Would this type of thermostat be fitted to the water/central heating timer or would it be fitted with the boiler?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
it is wired to the programmer (timer), and the thermostat is placed in the living room that is mostly occupied. it should not be close to a source of heat or cold such as boiler, cooker, sunny window or radiator, nor in a draught, so that it picks up the true room temperature.

the radiator in the room with a wall stat should not have a thermostatic valve fitted (otherwise it will be in contention with the wall stat) but can be adjusted with the screw-down valve at the other end so it heats up more slowly than all the other rooms.

if you look up the make and model of the programmer/timer you can get a manufacturer's wiring diagram that shows how to do the connection.

however if you are not familiar with safely doing mains-voltasge wiring I suggest you get a heating engineer or qualified electrician to fit it for you.

Thanks, that's helpful. I'll track down the manual for my timer and find someone to fit the thermostat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back