Damp Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has probably been asked a lot but I've done some searching and not come up with much that relates exactly to my situation.

I'm going to add some pictures to better explain when I've had a chance to get out there and take a better look but here's the short version!!

I recently moved into a new house with a garage. Its located in a block behind the house and at some point fairly recently has had a new metal corrugated roof fitted. Its all pretty fair inside, but with the recent drop in temperature I have noticed large amounts of condensation on the underside of the roof. I'm fairly sure this is dripping down as well.

The rear of the garage has the ventilation that I would expect. 4 air bricks and the corrugated roof sit with air gaps on the rear wall. However there seems, at a glance, to be no ventilation at the front.

Is that a problem. I would have thought airflow would have been pretty low with that setup. I think the setup of the garage means I can't add air bricks at the front, but I think I could weld some vents into the door. If I need to insulate the roof, what would a good method be? I have no permanent power to it and have no real need to heat it, but I would like to be able to use it as storage, and at some point in the future a temporary work shop.

Sponsored Links
This has been asked sooooo many times before :p

Ventilating the garage will not stop the condensation - leave the garage door open for a few days and see!

The only way to stop it is to remove the cold surface by insulating. Lots of posts on this, do search

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back