Mixer shower needs to be turned fully to hot to be semi warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI All,
i have looked around on the forum and, whilst other people have had similar problems, the advice given doesn't seem to have helped when i have tried it for my issue or looks to not be the same issue.
Breakdown of what i have:
Hot and Cold water feed going into a pump then from there to a mixer shower
I refirbed our shower a year or so ago and replaced the Mira mixer with a generic 'bar' type mixer (on/off on one side, hot and cold adjustment on the other). The problem i now have is that i have to turn the hot/cold water adjustment on the mixer to fully hot in ordr to get a decent shower temperature.
With my old shower i didn't have this trouble (could it be that the old shower had a pressure regulator built in? does this sound like a pressure isse?). I have replaced the bar mixer but this did not help. If i close off the cold water supply to the pump a little using the isolator valve, this only seems to make a LITTLE difference to the temperature. looking around ive seen that some people have put a pressure regulator on the cold water but doesanyone think that will help in this case as, when I was trying a new mixer tap to see if that was the problem, i turned on the hot and cold water to see if there was a dfference and they both seemed to be coming out of the pipes at the same rate leastwise the FLOW was the same. I dont want to fork outon a PRV if i dont need one.
So im thinking, if the FLOW is equal going into the mixer, WHY does the adjustment not work if i ease off the cold on the mixer shower itself.????
It's driving me crazy!!!

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

It sounds as thought the pipe connections are the wrong way round on your bar mixer.

Usually, as you look at the mixer from the front, hot supply on the left, cold on the right.

It may seem stange, but the hot supply goes into the flow regulator and the cold goes into the temp regulator.

Do you have the access to be able to check.

Rico

HI Rico,
Thanks for the reply. unfortunatly, they are the right way round. The Bar had two stickers on them (red and blue) when i fitted it so im 100% sure they are the right way around..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back