Pumped shower running mainly on cold.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have got a shower valve (thermostatic) that in running almost fully on cold. Pump APPEARS to be working fine & cylinder hot ( Bathroom taps coming out nice and hot).

Can only think there maybe some obstruction from hot feed although water out of valve appears adequate, or valve knackered.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
the thermo cartridge maybe jammed inside.
turn it to fully hot/cold a few times that can free them.

Cheers will give it a go.

I assume the fact that the pump is firing means that it will pump hot and cold evenly ( assuming no obstructions)

Sponsored Links
will find out when i go back to the house. Whats your thinking. If hot shower valve if not blockage?

Just been to job. Pump fine. shower valve inlet very hot.

Shower valve is a bristan prism surface mounted bar shower. Have changed temperature to maximum setting on spindle but still not very hot.

Anyone had any experience with tthese valves?

if the pipe to the valve is hot and the mixer on max setting etc sounds like a faulty cartridge or non return valve sticking.

My guess was a faulty cartridge. Please you confirmed that this most obvious. Most thermostatics have a button you can press to go above 40ish degrees. this one does not which i thought was odd and would probably have solved the problem!

i would remove the mixer if you can isolate the supplies and remove the non return valve and try it if not a new cartridge.

Ok. Without sounding thick as i normally fit and forget these things where is the non return valve on the shower valve- by cold inlet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back