Old Water Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello-

I live in an apartment complex in Haverford, PA (outside Philly) that still uses old style water radiators
for heat. The bottom valve near the floor says 'Webster Sylphon Trap'. My question is, every night when
the superintendent turns on the heat in the complex, my radiator makes an awful banging and knocking
throughout the night! It is so loud, that I will completely wake up and not be able to go back to sleep. Is
there anything that I can do to prevent this banging noise? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I suppose I should be the one to say you've come to a predomently UK website with your question, but as I'm an American living here I'll explain no one here is likely to be able to answer your question as they won't be familiar with the rads you talking about or the procedures for people living in apartments in the USA. I suggest you have a word with the superintendent, hopefully he/she will be able to recitfy this for you.Happy new year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back