Worcester 24CDI - Flashing Tap Light, no HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a five year old Worcester 24CDI. 20% of the time when I run hot water, it stops heating and the red \\\'tap\\\' light flashes for about four minutes. If the central heating is on it never happens. I have just has a brand new circuit board fitted but this has not solved the problem. Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
well its not the pcb then (since its same problem), call back who ever fitted the pcb

1. Majority of Combis (including WB 24CDI) don't do heating and HW at the same time. HW has priority.
2. WB 24CDI has pump overrun feature which operates for about 4 minutes after HW has been delivered. During this period, the boiler will sit apparently doing nothing, with just the pump on.

Sounds like NO Fault Found to me!!!

Hi, thanks for both replies. I understand that the HW has priority over the CH. The problem is that the CH can be off for hours and when I try to run hot water, it works for about a minute then the red tap light just flashes and the water isn't heated. As I said before, this only happens about 20% of the time. Before I had the new PCB fitted, I had to completely switch the mains off for about five minutes before it would reset itself. With the new PCB at least the reset button works. I am thinking that it is possibly an airflow problem? Another thing, the water is extremely hard where I live.

Sponsored Links
Aaah - that's not what you said in the first place.
STOP!
Is the boiler the open-flue version? If so, GET A CORGI ENGINEER TO FIX IT. You have a possible flue leakage problem.

There are several versions of this boiler. The open-flue one has a flue-gas temp sensor in the draught diverter which gives the flashing red LED and lockout that was described. Hence my guess open flue boiler with fluegas spillage problem - so call the CORGI man before the boiler is surrounded by dead people!

OTOH - similar electronics are used on the Fan Flue version but with a resistor in place of the sensor. The diagnostic in that case indicates 'wiring fault' ie. the resistor has fallen off!

We still don't know what type of boiler it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back