fitting an external door to an internal sized frame - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

i have bought a house that has two front doors, the house was built in 1907 and all the houses in the street have a porch and front door, mine has the front door in the porch then a few feet in the internal door, this gives just enough room to stand in and close one door behind you before opening the internal front door.
its hard to explain, basicly, the front door is flush with the front of the house then 3-4 feet in is a second door.

All the houses in my street have removed the old front door and made the second door in the porch the main front door.

basicly this presents the problem that a standard front door is bigger than the interanal, this cant be widened as its limited by the narrow hall.

does anyone knowof how to get an off the shelf front door into a smaller opening. impossible at first thought but there must be tens of thousands of homes all with similar design....... anyone resolved this issue before or can help??

kind Regards guys,

Matt

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back