Can't get right temp from mixer bath taps - too hot/cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few months back now I had problems with a bath mixershower.

Anyway the problem was that the water was either too hot or too cold. You could try for ten minutes fiddling to get the temperature right but it wouldn't happen - the shower would either produce redhot or freezing cold. Anyway i came on here for advise and was told that it may be due to uneven water pressures. I checked this out and the system is gravity fed from a water tank and the cold water in the bathroom was straight from the mains pressure. I figured this out because when i shut off the stop cock, the water stopped.

I was then advised to buy a pressure reducing valve (didn't work either)#
was better but not right.

Well 6 months on the council are fitting new bathroom suit / boilers etc in the premisses. The plumbers doing the job were told about the problem with the mixer shower and just said that, there should be no reason why it didn't work. Maybe faulty......

Anyway now they have fitted a new boiler (not combi) and also a new water cylinder.
I don't know why they did this but i'm now wondering would this mean the 2 water pressures be ok to try the mixer shower again.

thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
have you still got a tank in the loft supplying the cylinder ?

i would say your still on gravity hot water.

Hi thanks for replying,

Will have to check on the water tank in loft. It's not my house. Wonder What kind of system is installed here. Looks like a Combi boiler, same settings with a pressure filling loop etc but can't understand the need to install a new water cyclinder right next to it.

Or could this be a condenser system setup from memory - I aint no plumber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back