Thrust bearing on a vauxhall zafira

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just got a zafira 2 litre diesel design 2003 but the thrust bearing is slightly noisy, can anyone tell me if this is a big job to fix and would it be expensive to fix.

junior

Sponsored Links
assuming it's a standard clutch set up, then it'll be the price of changing the clutch (while gearbox is out, may as well do the whole lot for the extra cost of parts)
Rough price would be looking at around £300 i suppose

Got quoted today for getting the thrust bearing put in at around £400-£500, thought that was a bit steep.

junior

Sponsored Links
Whats the warranty on zafiras from vauhall, is it a 3 year one or a mileage one.

junior

forget the warranty junior- there isnt any such thing, is it possible to live with the thrust bearing noise? surely its not that bad, but labour wise-i can slip a clutch in one of these in an hour- but any garage is gonna charge you 3hours plus a clutch (expect £100)- so total about 250 upwards- if you paid £500 you would certainly have had your pants pulled down.
kind regards

I bought it in a private sale so no warranty.

No didnt £500 for clutch just got quoted that for it, think i will put up with thrust noise for a while longer,

junior

Sponsored Links
Back