Asbestos roof on lean to?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My girlfriend's new house has an asbestos roof on the lean to which is leaking badly. She needs make this room water-tight before the real bad weather sets in - has anyone got any short-term tips to last through the winter until she can afford to have it removed & replaced?

It seems to be leaking mostly from the broken corners of the corrugated sheets. I thought about using some expanding foam to try & patch it up.

Sponsored Links
Try some of the aluminum flashing, its soft and can be moulded to shape, it should last a year or two.

Flexacryl/Isoflex/Roofix/Thompsons repair mastic, or the easy option, a big tarp/sheet of dpm weighted down with bricks.

If you want to sort it out for a few years. Paint Acrypol over the whole roof. and pay special attention to the cracks and holes. Its not cheap but its the only sealant for this that really does the job.. if there are big cracks you can use flashband as well to repair them..

Sponsored Links
There are various liquid coatings, but the sheets will need a biowash first, and the waste water should be contained.

Be aware they are very fragile, and dangerous to be on. Get a pro in is the only recommendation i would be happy with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back