Mira Sport Max Shower Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm just about to finish a bathroom project which involved a full new suite, tiling of the whole room and it's looking pretty good. Today's job was refitting the shower, which broke before the project started (it was actually the motivation for starting the project!).

It is a Mira Sport Max shower which simply stopped working one day and after much head scratching I concluded that the flow valve assembly was to blame, but after replacing it, the problem is still exactly the same.

You turn the shower on, all the lights come on as normal (low/med/high all lit in red) and then you press one of them to turn the shower on and nothing happens, no noise no water no nothing. Leave it for a minute after pressing the low/med/high button and it trips the low flow light.

I've also checked the small filter in the black plastic part at the water inflow end and it is completely clear. When I refitted it and turned the water back on, the water flowed into the shower unit and into the heating chamber as expected.

Any suggestions as to what to try next? Or is it time for a new shower unit?

Many thanks in advance.

John

Sponsored Links
after checking the filter you said you then turned it on and got water into the shower and heating tank so whats wrong with it now then if you have got your water flow ?

The water doesn't come out of the shower head or for that matter into the hose to the shower head. Still get the same lights problem and no water.

John

I've also checked the small filter in the black plastic part at the water inflow end and it is completely clear. When I refitted it and turned the water back on, the water flowed into the shower unit and into the heating chamber as expected.

you get the lights, no showerhead flow. but water flowed into the shower and heating tank ?

Sponsored Links
have you checked for a blockage at the heating tank ? i would remove the outlet connector, the white tube that the hose connects to and the n try the shower.

have you checked for a blockage at the heating tank ? i would remove the outlet connector, the white tube that the hose connects to and the n try the shower.
Right, now I'm even more confused.

Removed the white tube and no blockage there and I disconnected the shower from the wall again to have a further close look at it. THe heating chamber did have water in it (just over half full) but when you turn it the right way up (outlet to the bottom) only a trickle of water comes out. Then if you invert it and turn it back up the right way then another small amount of water comes out, but I can't see why the water won't empty out of the chamber??

Any further ideas folks?

Many thanks.

John

thats just a bit of physics and the way its constructed...forget that...

do you have flow coming out of the pipe..ie test with shower unit off (down a hose ? to stop splash?)...

if thats ok, then my recomendation would be to ring mira thechnical and ask for help. or look at the manual for possible faults

Other folk here might be more familiar and able to offer more help

thats just a bit of physics and the way its constructed...forget that...

do you have flow coming out of the pipe..ie test with shower unit off (down a hose ? to stop splash?)...

if thats ok, then my recomendation would be to ring mira thechnical and ask for help. or look at the manual for possible faults

Other folk here might be more familiar and able to offer more help
Do you mean, do I have water coming out of the copper water pipe that connects to the shower to provide it with water? If so, then yes there is adequate water/pressure there but nothing comes out the other end of the shower unit either when it is switched on or off.

I've been trying to think what could be causing the symptoms that I am experiencing and first I need to understand how the shower stops the water flowing out of the shower head, either when you press the stop button or when you turn the power off.

Is it controlled by the solenoid at the bottom of the flow valve assembly? If so, then could my problem be that the circuit board is somehow not sending a signal to the solenoid and thereby allowing it to open and to allow the water to flow through the shower?

Running out of ideas and fast heading for the shops to buy a replacement shower (and take advantage of my 2.% VAT cut!! :LOL: )

Cheers,

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back