Worcester 24i rsf combi boiler fiddly problem, please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm new to this site so please bear with me as i am no expert with boilers etc. I have a Worcester 24i rsf combi boiler, it is the one that has the timer with the lugs you pull in or out to allocate times for heating. the problem is, when i set it for timed heating, it doesnt always activate the heating. when set in auto mode there is no problem in getting hot water, seems to fire up all the time. but when i put the timed heating on or even just switch to continuous heating on, it doesnt always come on.

Hope you guys can help, i can supply pics if necessary.

thanks in advance,

James.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the mechanical timer is worn and needs replacing.

Tony

hi tony thank you for the reply. would this still cause the heating not to come on even in the continuous mode? as i have just looked at the timer and noticed thats its all in the same unit. Also, could you suggest somewhere reputable onli ne for this part? have seen a timer or two knocking about on ebay also.

Many of these timers are the same sizes on different boilers.

For example I fit Baxi electronic timers on the Worcesters as they fit and although a different colour do the job and are usually rather cheaper than the Worcester part.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Cheers Tony I'll do a bit of looking around online and go about replacing the timer then. thank you very much for your kind help.

Regards,
James.

Hi tony, sorry to bother you just wondering could you provide me with any details of compatible mechanical timers for my worcester 24i? seen a baxi one on the internet which is a 24hr mechanical but couldnt find any info to back up whether it'd work.

Cheers,
James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back