Outbuilding

S

skuba

Sorry if this is a really vague question but I'm hoping you can help me...

I play drums and there's no room in my house for my kit so I'm considering a couple of options. First option is an electric kit in a quality shed, but the second option is to have some sort of building made, sort of like a small garage about 9 feet x 7 feet

Can anyone advise me roughly how much it would cost to have something like this built? I'm only after a ball park figure because I have no idea! Are we talking 2 grand, or 10 grand?

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
A mate of mine plays drums & bought a shed specifically for it. It is about 12' x 10' and is a decent tongue & groove one. He then completely lined the inside with 4" Celotex then plasterboard as sound proofing. This was put onto a 4" concrtete bas ebut you could always lay some decent slabs & use that as a base.

Never never never never use celotex to soundproof against drums.

Skuba, your best bet is to build it from concrete block, with a plasterboard stud wall inner. Rockwool insulation between the two. No windows, double doors (back to back) and ducted ventilation in/out.

9x7 isn't worth it, can you squeeze another couple of feet in either or both directions.

You could probably do it for 2 grand, no frills though, and you will be doing most of the work yourself.

sounds good, but i doubt i have the building skills to do any of the work myself. to be honest, that's why i'm trying to price it up against a good shed and using my electric kit

obviously i'd far rather have a purpose built brick/concrete building to house my real drum kit, but it will come down to price

any ideas how much a builder would charge to build the outer shell?

cheers

Sponsored Links
just a thought look in the local papers for anyone wanting to get rid of a concrete garage might save you a few pounds then all you got to do is the inside

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back