Leak in the Valley of 1950 bungalow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

Right where do I begin, I have a 50's bungalow in the shape of an L so the valley is in the middle of the L. Where the valley is so is the front door with flat roof porch.

Now we started to develop a leak on the internal hall ceiling behind the front door and this has progressively got worse to a shower like dripping.

Now I thought it was the flat roof on the porch and I went up and patched over the old but this still leaked.........so I called a roofer.

He has stated that it is the valley that is shot and it is of Zinc material, now he has quoted £385 to replace it, however as I have a wedding and honeymoon next year this is an expense I did not want, is there a way of patching it as a get out of jail for the moment, and where would I find zinc metal to patch it.

Cheers for any advice guys.

Sponsored Links
acrapol [£40-£50] painted down it may fix it for now but that sounds a reasonable price to replace the valley if hes going to replace with lead, you didnt say how long it is.

Sponsored Links
I would have a guess and say the valley is approx 3 metres in length?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back