Very Loud Humming / Droaning Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Over the past few months we've been experiencing a droaning noise. This has now got VERY Anoying and more frequent. At first I thought it might be the neighbours or something outside but as we couldn't track down where it was coming from I couldn't do anything about it.

I spoke to a friend who said it might be the water pressure / pipe / water pump.
Any Ideas on how to sort this or any other ideas of what it might be?

Thanks,
Tommy J

Sponsored Links
Tommy
Without offense mate

if you cant find out where its coming from in your own home, how the flipping heck do you think we will.

Try your pump, also see if the noise goes away when you run cold water.

Funny enough I got married a few weeks ago.... lol though.

That's a fair point but, if it's a possibility that the water pump causes this sort of noise in the pipes then that might be a start.

Sponsored Links
as taydo said, try the cold water first. when the hammer occurs check the loft. then the toilet cistern. if that doesn't work, turn the kitchen tap on first(cold) then flush the toilet. then turn a cold tap on in the bath room and see if the hammer stops. do each one separately

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back