HC60NG relay box, not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When i switch on my HC60NG relay box, if the room temp is set at 21 degrees, and the actual temp is the same or above, the relay switch will go off! however if i was to increase the temp to more then actual room temp it will stay on till it reaches the temp and then go off, it will not start again if the temperture decreases. ( which it should do), any help on this issue will be great.

Sponsored Links
When i switch on my HC60NG relay box, if the room temp is set at 21 degrees, and the actual temp is the same or above, the relay switch will go off! however if i was to increase the temp to more then actual room temp it will stay on till it reaches the temp and then go off, it will not start again if the temperature decreases. ( which it should do), any help on this issue will be great.
How are you switching the HC60NG on/off?

Sponsored Links
yes i do, but i dont think it that trigging the relay box to go off. once the thermostat get it the set temp, the relay goes off and doesnt start after the temp drops. so i assume its the relay box.

yes i do, but i dont think it that trigging the relay box to go off. once the thermostat get it the set temp, the relay goes off and doesnt start after the temp drops. so i assume its the relay box.
Have you check communication between the transmitter and receiver is OK?
If communication is lost the relay box goes into one of two modes: permanently off, or 20% on and 80% off. This is set in installer mode, parameter 7:LC

If you turn the thermostat right up, the flame symbol should appear, the relay green light come on and the boiler lights. Does this happen?

If you then turn the stat right down, the flame symbol should disappear, the green light go out and the boiler stop. Does this happen?

If you turn the thermostat right up, the flame symbol should appear, the relay green light come on and the boiler lights. Does this happen?

If you then turn the stat right down, the flame symbol should disappear, the green light go out and the boiler stop. Does this happen?

the only time the green is on the relay, is when i press the button on it. if i increase the thermstat right up i need to then manual go and press the relay button to make it work ( it doesnt come on it self). the bolier works when the relay light is green.

When i turn the thermostat down, i have to again manual press the button on the relay and then it goes on for 1 min and goes off. again the bolier works when the relay light is green. when the relay goes off so does the bolier.

Have you checked RF communication?

It's explained in the Installation Manual Section 2.2.2. There is also a system check in 2.3.

PS Ignore first page - it shouldn't be there!

I installed a honeywell wireless room stat for my sister and she had exactly the same problem. I never got to the bottom of it and ended up having to take it out and wire the old one back in. I wired the exact same wireless stat in my own house and it worked fine.

I know this is of no help to you, but I thought you would like to know you're not the only one who's had this problem. The only thing I could think of was there was some kind of radio interference that was blocking the signal.

Might be an idea to contact honeywell technical people or try another make of thermostat.

thank you everyone for your help, i have called a tech dude, to come and see it and he believes it the RF communication, some how he fixed it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back