No Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help, my rads did not come on last night, the water is heating up, my electric boiler pilot light is on, the radiator in my bathroom is hot but that comes on when the water is switched on anyway. Please help it was not long ago that I had a new pump and my boiler has been serviced. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably your motorised valve, or even just its motor stopped working. You'll have 2 with 2 pipes or 1 with 3, probably.

Sponsored Links
Please help, my rads did not come on last night, the water is heating up, my electric boiler pilot light is on, the radiator in my bathroom is hot but that comes on when the water is switched on anyway. Please help it was not long ago that I had a new pump and my boiler has been serviced. Many thanks

So if we go to the questions in breezers link:

1) Boiler make / model (gas or oil)

From Rossy: electric boiler (ok, not much detail)

2) What is / is not happening

From Rossy: Rads not heating, water heating working.

3) Has ANYTHING else been done / changed recently

From Rossy: .....it was not long ago that I had a new pump and my boiler has been serviced

4) When did it (problem) start

From Rossy: last night

5) When does it happen? eg, heating coming on or going off

Well I think it's a bit early to work out frequency.

6) Anything else you feel may be of relevance

Did someone work for an insurance company?

7) Please also be patient for a reply, no one gets paid to reply on these forums, and like you, our "pros" have a daytime job to do.

We'll wait then.

So apart from the missing boiler model number, it seems to be all there when you read the post. What have I missed?

Did I see you on a television program, fixing a gas boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back