concrete the ridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
I am new to this site. My partner and I are renovating a small cotttage. We have removed all the tiles and ridge to lay felt. The question is how important is it to concrete the ridge in as regards to screwing it down? I realize that stronge storms could be problem. Does the ridge need airflow. what about damp getting in through the gaps. Cant seem to find a straight answer on this one.
Any advise would be welcome.
thanks

Sponsored Links
hi dont use concrete on a roof use mortar infact use a roofer he knows what he s doing money spent now is money saved later. if its an old cottage use traditional methods not dry ridge as it does nt suit older style properties in my opinion

Hi,
Thank you for your reply, what I still dont understand is why?, I realize this may sound like a stupid question. Our tiles are all clip on with no nails and they have never used nails.The ridge tile has a hole for you to screw them in.Do people seal againist the weather or to hold down the ridge?
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back