Basin waste and Building Regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Running a waste from a pedestal basin, but accoring to Building Regs the fall must be 18mm /m to the stack. Is this from the trap?

Is it acceptable to run a piece of pipe to the wall, connected to an elbow, more 32mm pipe down to a swept tee (with access eye on the open side of the tee) and the gradient 18mm/m from the swept tee into the stack?

As otherwise the gradient from the trap to the stack connection will be huge and far too steep!

Or do i need to make a higher connection using a strap on boss into the stack ....

maybe using a anti-vac bottle trap will be best to stop the chance of self siphonage from the normal bottle trap on the basin? or maybe a hepvo?

Sponsored Links
ok thanks for confirming that. was just a bit worried as the regs said about the gradient and if i could do what i said with the elbow down to the swept tee!

one ladt point to confirm whilst i get the chance too...

the toilet connection into a stack (if 65mm or more diaemeter which most toilets are) - connections to the same stack BELOW it must be a min of 200 mm from it ONLY if right OPPOSITE it. And connections above can be within 200 mm? Am I right on this one? This is a tricky issue!

its just to stop cross flow from one outlet to the other and your toilet waste should be 110mm

Sponsored Links
Yeah i know, it's to stop crossflow when toilet is flushed, basin drained, etc.. Am I correct with the amount of gap between connections and is it for straight opposite connections only? Just want to be 100% sure.

200mm below a toilet ONLY if straight opposite (so side entry is OK)

above a toilet, what should the gap be between the connection and the loo connection? 110?

upwards is ok.
yes 200mm on opposite site. all wastes.
from the centre of the outlet.

200mm from centre line of toilet waste to centre line of bath waste, etc do you mean?

thanks anyway for helping.

usually the toilet is lowest connection i know anyway!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back