Replacing o-ring seal(s)/cartridge in manual mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mhy manual mixer is leaking (dripping slowly) and is gradually getting a little worse. So the seals must be worn (on the cartridge). But how do I access the cartridge to replace the seals. Or should I order a new cartridge up ?

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
manual mixers don't have a cartridge just a valve.

what shower make/model is it ?

yeah the valve, sorry.

it is a round dial type, wall mounted and the pipes not on show. i don't know if you prise the front bit of with a screwdriver or knife like you to with a tap top?

as you say start from the control knob inwards. some are easyer than others but depends what one it is.

Sponsored Links
it's a manual mixer 430 - and apparantly it does have a CARTRIDGE and MANUAL CARTRIDGE!! ???

sorry the cartridge is for the thermostatic type but the maniual cartridge is for the manual mixer, according to the aqualisa site.

yes its still called a cartridge as such but doesn't work like a thermostatic cartridge does more like a valve.
if its leaking from the control knob you'll find its the large seal that the cartridge sits on.

i have tried to get the front bit off (similar to a tap head) - but the smallest/thinnest screwdriver i have is too thick still! what can i use to do this?

according to the website there is a shroud seal and a gasket - maybe i should order up both parts?

oh yes just seen that.

ok so i need the normal shroud seal then?
how do i get to it though!!

yes, on the website is shows one. i don't have the instructions anymore, the shower is over 10 years old!

its easy just to follow the pic, remove the name plate, unscrew the control knob, then the next one etc. the cartridge is four screws.
it'll all fall into place when you start.

i am def. supposed to remove the name plate? as the diagram didn't say that... and i can't get it off easily, any tip to help me get it off without damaging the unit? it's plastic by the way also if that helps?

and i def. need to change the shroud seal ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back