Catch for a Youngman aluminium 2 section loft ladder needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a stop catch for a Youngman aluminium 2 section loft ladder. The existing one was riveted to the upright and there is a warning on the ladder to ensure that it is engaged before being used. If a replacement can be obtained I'll need to bolt it to the ladder

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Thanks for suggestion regarding contacting the manufacturer BUT where are they? The loft ladder bears no contact information and all attempts to log on to www.youngman.co.uk just give me the webpage and lots of weblinks to sites selling ladders, not Youngman itself. Just going round in circles.

Sponsored Links
pandora - the rivets are probably large ali pop-rivets, drill these out and replace them with large pop-rivets. Many pop-riveters have interchangable collets so that various sizes of rivets can be used. If you can't do this make sure any bolts used are decent quality (not cheapo roofing jobbies from a shed) but, at the very least plated (or galvanised) but better stainless ... most ladders are stored outside so their fittings need to resist corrosion.

Anything that is rivetted on, they won't supply as a spare part.
01621 745 701 is their number, Karen is about the most clued up.

Karen is about the most clued up.

so you are saying Karen is at the top of the ladder? (ok, i will get my coat)

here it is
halloween-straight-jacket.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back