Lawn (turf) laid over 5 weeks ago....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And has taken very well, has grown about 3 inches since laid due to the weather getting colder. Should i just forget about it until the spring or should i give it's first cut before it gets really cold? Also any feed over the winter i can give it?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
dog - you can give it a very light haircut now (just take the top inch off it) BUT, BUT, BUT only if the ground is dry. Any whiff of moisture then leave it alone 'till Spring. Give it some grub in the Spring - not now ... no point 'cos it's not going to grow over Winter, unless you're in the Channel Islands.

Thanks, thought as much, but just wanted to double check. Grass is boggy at the moment and can't see it being dry long enough for it to be moweble to be honest!

as symptoms says, leave it for now, ground is far too wet.

Just out of intrest, its still growing down here on the south coast!

Sponsored Links
Yes still slightly growing in South Wales as well.

I am sure that they messed up the drainage for me on the bottom tier, i know they dug trenches in the correct place and had the correct size land drain pipe, but for some reason it's still puddling in a few places!

Should i try and sort this out now, or wait until next year?

dog - don't walk on the lawn as you'll just compact everything and cause long-term damage, leave it 'till Spring.

Back to cutting & fertilizer ... you're in Wales so why not employ (yes, you can see this one coming) some sheep to do the job. :LOL: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back