Help, flat roof leaking need advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a small porch at the front of my house only 1m x 1m, and noticed a leak, so decided to investigate only to find that the roofing materials have broken down and in desperate need of repair or replacement.

Im a spark by trade and can usually turn my hand to most things, and so i want to try and repair/replace it myself.

So could anyone please talk me through what i need to to do and materials i will need etc, and is it possible to fit an insulation covering under the water proof layer while im at it, as this area is a bit of a cold spot in the house.

Or for an area as small as that is it cheap enough to get a roofer in, any advice welcome, thanks :)

Sponsored Links
A roofer will have half a roll laying about and do it for £100, well worth it imo.

Hi. If you want to a sheet lead roof code 5 with one roll back to front. Just measure the roof accurately and check it is square. Take a photo or two, email or post to our address and we will make it ready to fit, send it to your address with information on how to fit. Cost approx £180 +vat +P&P Good Luck. http://www.justlead.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
hmmm ye think leaving it to a tradesman will be better, just priced up the bits and by the time ive had a few cock ups and that probably worth it. Ok thanks anyway :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back