Security Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My driveway security light is on all the time. It came on one morning in the dark as normal and stayed on all day and is on all the time now.
I've tried adjusting the time and dusk switches to no avail. Has the pir detector just packed in? All help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
maybe. try knocking the circuit off for a few mins to let the electronics cool down, sometimes solves things.

Have you had a power cut/dip. If there is no overide switch fitted some makes can be overidden by turning off the supply very briefly and back on. Try isolating the supply to it for several seconds and then turning back on allowing for it to intialise itself.

I've had the light switched off all day but it still stayed on when switched on. I also tried switching it off then on after 10 seconds and it still came on and stayed on. The light only cost a tenner from B&Q.

Sponsored Links
You're probably right. You only get what you pay for!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back