NewTeam Victorian Shower Low Pressure Warning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Over the last month or so our NewTeam Victorian Electric shower has been cutting out intermittently with the Low Pressure warning showing. It has now ceased to work at all with the light permantly showing.

I'm sure it isn't a water pressure issue as It's fed off the same cold water supply as the bath and that's been measured and is fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else it could be if it isn't the water? I've opened it up and the can't see any immediate problems.

How could I measure the pressure without taking the whole thing off (probably beyond my DIY skills) ?

If the shower unit is dead, then does anyone know of a old fashioned electric shower similar to the Victorian Electric to fit in with the rest of the bathroom? The Victorian Electric has long been discontinued and I can't find anything other than modern electric showers.

thanks alot,
Larry.

Sponsored Links
Is there a mesh filter which has become blocked somewhere in the unit?

Thanks for the reply.

The shower is fed straight from the cold, not a tank. It does share the supply with the bathroom sink/bath cold taps (I believe) and the pressure there is fine. The shower has been working fine for nearly 5 years.

I've got the replacement part diagram and I can't see any reference to a mesh filter, so I've no idea where to look.

Cheers,
Larry.

Sponsored Links
Mesh filter will be where the water enters the unit - where the copper ends and the plastic begins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back