Draining washer to rainwater drain in Derbyshire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been searching and found lots of different advice which I've not really been able to get a definitive answer from. Basically I have an extension on the front of the house which is being made into a laundry room downstairs and a bathroom upstairs (bath only, no toilet or sink).

At the opposite side of the house is the waste stack. Now I could at a push run the bath waste right round the outside of the house with enough of a fall to drain but it wouldn't look good. The washer though is at ground level and there's no way to get the waste round to the stack. My query is can I connect either/both washer and bath to a drain which currently just has a gutter feeding it? The house is in Chesterfield, Derbyshire. Have triued building control but keep getting told there's nobody free and to try later.

Can anyone advise please?

Sponsored Links
Now that's the problem. We just bought the house and the previous owners built decking over the manhole, and under the decking is a big double glazed window unit. To get at the manhole I'll have to remove the decking in quite a large area to get the window out. Just wondering if anyone local in the area knew the answer or would building control know if I asked.

Was hoping not to get to the point of costly bills to get them out doing all sorts of inspections, but also don't want to get it wrong either.

Sponsored Links
Sorted with a big thankyou to Chesterfield Council, particularly Building Control. Called back when they said they would and very helpfull.

Turns out that where I live rainwater soakaways are not allowed and haven't been since many years before my property was built due to local mining. All rainwater from all properties drains into sewers along with dirty water and they have no issue with me draining my washer and bath into the rainwater drain as the regs required them to drain to sewers when property was built.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back