Birds nest in Chimney - is this quote reasonable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a birds nest in the chimney - sweep tried to move it but brought a load of bricks down. Reckons he has to chisel into chimney in the loft, remove it and brick it back up.

He has quoted £250 for this.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If your sweep brought down bricks just trying to poke out a bird’s nest I think you have a bit more of a serious problem my friend; what made you think it was a bird’s nest up there? The price may appear high but I suspect he is quoting “safe” as he probably has no real idea of what he will find or how bad the problem is & he won’t know until he opens it up. My fear would be that he will either do a quick bodge if it’s bad (what about the rest of it?) or come back for more money “cos it’s more serious than I thought guv” or do both; be very careful!

like any quote, how can any one on here say if its reasonable or not, we cant see what you can, dont know what you live access to your place etc.

get another quote / opinon

Sponsored Links
you dont get much work done for £250 quid. of course i can say its reasonable if i think it is

you dont get much work done for £250 quid. of course i can say its reasonable if i think it is
Didn't say it was, didn’t say it wasn't but it’s almost certainly plucked out of thin air; there is no real way of knowing what lies within, you might as well flick a coin!
Materials aside (& lets face it bricks & mortar don’t cost much!) it’s a fair price for up to 2 days work in anyone’s book but if I was asked to pay that for les than a day, no way; & I wouldnlt be very happy with that either!

theres no real way of knowing what lies within but if your a chimney sweep you probably have more of an idea than most what its gonna take. if he just turned round and said uhhh i dont have any idea whats wrong or how much its gonna cost do you think he d get any work. you say get another quote which makes no sense as you ve then said its impossible to tell what lies within.surely the guy who had the bricks come down would have more of an idea than another chimney sweep whos just turned up to do a quote

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back