Drill/Driver Advice Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to buy a new Drill/Driver, but with so many makes and types on the market I'm getting a little confused. I've heard a couple of good reviews for the Makita 6337DWDE3 TWINPACK, I 've seen this set for £186.83 inc VAT. Does anyone have any experience with this product, good or bad. Alternatively can you recommend an alternative product of good quality and performace but less expensive?

Thanks
Pisteypete
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Any reason why you want to go 14.4V and do you really need a twin pack drill? If it was a twinpack with impact driver then yeah consider it.

Have you considered the 18v options from Makita:
Check this thread out:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=157063

Bargain drill.

Or go for the Ryobi Drill + impact driver going for £90. Excellent choice there.

makita are a very good make - my works stuff is makita but the ryobi stuff is also well worth a look, i use that at home. for home use i've got the drill and impact driver set. the impact driver is bloody brilliant, it countersinks screws through sheer power, whereas with the drill driver you sometimes need to unscrew and screw up again. use the impact driver and it just keeps on going until the screw is properly in.

with the ryobi one+ kit you can have so much other stuff as well, i've got (all using the same batteries) the jigsaw, circular saw, angle drill, hedge trimmer, grass trimmer, sander and vacuum.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back