New timer and room thermostats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Vokera Linea boiler. It was installed with a very basic timer (dial with four settings, two on and two off) which we need to upgrade. This has been wired into the boiler in the garage and placed inside the house for convenience. We would also like to have a wireless room thermostat, as we currently only have thermostats on some of our radiators. What do you suggest?

Sponsored Links
Timer: Honeywell ST6400c (£30 from eBay)
Stat: Honeywell CM927 (~£90 online)

I have these controling my Ch/HW, except I have the older CM67 stat. Very flexible, very controllable. Honeywell make good kit IMHO.

Go for the honeywell CM927rf. Very easy to use and set up.

You won't need a seperate timer though as this is a programmable room stat.

Would this roomstat be compatible with a Vokera compact HE combi and how much would a plumber charge me to fit it (approx)?

Sponsored Links
I fitted one last Saturday, a like for like replacement £172.50 + VAT.

To fit as a new installation it could be about £40 more.

You can get the CM927 stat online for about £90 delivered and fit it yourself quite easily.

Many people have asked how to fit these stats, so do a search in this forum if further details are required.

So its definetely compatible with my boiler before i go ahead and buy one - and if i take the TRV off a hall radiator is this the best place in the house for it as this seems to be the general consensus?

A wall thermostat, no matter how evolved, programmable or whatever, is basically just a switch which allows live mains through it to turn the heating on when required.

There is no reason why it wouldn't be compatible with your boiler.

Where to put the stat is another can of worms. Some folks say the coldest room in the house, others say in the main occupied room such as the lounge. Only you can determine what suits you best.

If you're going to install a wireless stat, then you can put it wherever you like and move it whenever. You can take the TRV head off the rad in the room where you have the room stat so it doesn't affect it's operation. If you chose to move the room stat later to another room, just put the TRV head back on. Rinse and repeat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back