fitting a multi fuel stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a class 1 chimney built on the outside of my five year old house. In my lounge I now have a rectangular opening measuring 1150mm wide, 740mm deep and 1000mm high. There is a circular hole in the raft lintel measuring 200 dia, this width continues approx 6000 high up the concrete flue system, my questions are-

(A) My stove has a 125mm dia x 1000mm high pipe, will this cause any draw problem when it joins a 200 flue (the flue is drawing air strongly with no stove in it!)

(B) I have read the purpose of fitting the register plate is to seal the room off from the chimney, is this done by using fire cement and fire rope?

(C) I have been informed this work should be done by a HETAS engineer- but is this really necessary when there are a lot of stoves fitted by non qualified people?

I welcome any advice that will help me with this.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back