NOISEY ISAR IDEAL COMBI BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal isar combi boiler(INSTALLED AUGUST 08)
everything works ok but it regulary makes a very loud noise, it stops
when I TURN RADIATOR VALVE JUST A TOUCH,MAINLY ONE RADIATOR
SOMETIMES ITS A RADIATOR THAT HAS NOT BEEN IN USE, THIS IS HAPPENING ON A REGULAR BASIS.
EVERY THING WORKS OK HOT WATER. PRESSURISED TO SPEC,BUT IT STILL HAPPENS

Sponsored Links
Do you have TRVs and particularly an automatic bypass valve?

Did the installer complete the Benchmark certificate?

Tony

TO THE FIRST QUESTION I DONT KNOW
2ND Q INSTALLER DID COMPLETE BENCHMARK CERT.
BOILER SERVICED JUNE 08
ENGINEER JUST TOOK FRONT COVER OFF AND REMOVED SOME SUPPOSED DUST,HE DIDNT HAVE A VACUMN CLEANER.AS HIS VAN WAS PARKED DOWN THE THE ROAD,I DIDNT HAVE ADOPTER TO FIT IN TO THE CREVICE HE NEDED TO CLEAN.
I DONT THINK IT IS A BOILER PROBLEM NOISE COMES FROM RADIATORS
:confused: ]THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Sounds like trv hammer. This is usually caused by the water flow going the wrong way through the valve.

Very unsual these days as most TRV's are bi-directional, although I have come across a few faulty ones.

Check to see if you have 2 arrows on the valve body, or 1.

Sponsored Links
Yes the arrow points in to rad,on all the rads.
I did not have this problem on my previous (WORCESTER boiler)
it is only on the IDEAL THAT THE PROBLEM HAS OCCURED
THANKS FOR YOU TIME DAVE :confused:

Perhaps the flow and return have been swapped over with the Ideal for some reason :confused:

THANKS DAVE FOR YOUR INFO,
THE RAD CONTROLS WERE NOT CHANGED AS IT WAS ONLY A REPLACEMENT BOILER THAT WAS REQUIRED,THE INSTALLER ALSO INSERTED SOME FLUID IN TO ONE RADIATOR
I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THE PROBLEM ONLY OCCURS WHEN THE
BOILER THERMOSTAT IS ON ITS HIGHEST POINT AND HAS BEEN ON FOR ABOUT ONE HOUR MAILTOMHGO :confused:

I didn't mean that the rad controls were changed, but for you to examine the possibility that the f & R at the boiler are now changed.

The noise starting after about an hour still fits with a trv shutting down :confused:

I gather you mean feed and return (f/r)
i will probably call out the installer as I think the boiler is still under guarantee.
I will let you know how i get on.
thanks Dave for your time and advice mailtomhog :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back