Potterton EP2000 timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction with this problem?

I come home from work this evening to find my wife complaining that the heating would not come on and she could not set the time properly.

It would not go past 12 AM, and if you pressed 24 hrs the digital display goes very faint and one of the solenoids inside starts clicking really fast and will not stop until you take it off 24 hrs.

I assumed that the timer has a fault and needs replaced, so I lookes at the srewfix catalogue. They dont have that model, probably as it is old.

Is it still possible to get replacement timers, and if so, who from?

The boiler is a floor standing Ideal Mexico, pumped system with a gravity hot water system.

Thanks

Michael

Sponsored Links
Do a search for EP2002 this is the replacement , it fits straight onto existing backplate will take you 2 minutes

i've got one you can have if you pay postage, I'm in coatbridge if you want to pick it up

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys

Many thanks for your helpful replies!

Thanks for the link Stivino. I might end up using that. Ideally, I want to get one tomorrow and fit it. Might be a case of having to call around the plumbers merchants.

Kirkgas, that is a very kind offer! If you are around tomorrow during the day, that would be ideal as I start work at 7 pm.

Cheers guys!

Michael

i need to go into west end tomorrow night to look at a job, might be able to arrange to meet you, but i won't know when i'm going until tomorow pm, phone me tomorrow after lunch on 07941 342391

i need to go into west end tomorrow night to look at a job, might be able to arrange to meet you, but i won't know when i'm going until tomorow pm, phone me tomorrow after lunch on 07941 342391

That sounds ace. I stay in Paisley and would need to be back in Paisley for 18.30. My number is 07900 611152. If I have to come through Coatbridge way in the afternoon that is not a problem.

I have put your number into my phone and will call you tomorrow after lunch.

Many thanks

Michael

i will leave the clock in the house and depending on what time you want to come through my wife may be in, when you phone we can arrange what you want to do, i'm not sure if i would be in glasgow that early so if you want the clock you would be best to pick it up, she will def be in about 3.10 after picking up the kids from school, we can decide tomorrow, but it is sitting waiting on you anyway.

Thanks kirkgas

I will head through to miss the traffic, so that I should be in the area for your wife geting home. I will call you after lunch to arange.

Cheers

Michael

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back