trapped wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine started making a clicking sound and I think theres a piece of trapped wire or plastic in the drum. When I spin the drum by hand I can hear it clicking. I think the item is about the 3 o\\\'clock position looking into the drum. The washing machine is a Candy DQ120. Any tips or pointers about getting it out as I have no idea about washing machines. Thanks. :eek:

Sponsored Links
£10 says its a bra wire.

i only ever manged this once, much to my surprise and that of the customer.

run your hand round the inside of the drum and if you can feel it grab it and pull it out.

normally for an object trapped between two drums (inner and outer) i shake the m/c like an earth quake and go in via the pump. if its a sock (not in your case,) you have to take the m /c apart which is not a diy job.

If you do not get it out it is liable to rip anything that goes in :cry:

Got to be a bra wire, hasn't it :confused:

I did run my hand around and touched it once, but not enough to grab it. Annoying thing is that the noise comes and goes, so it might be moving around.

So, theres no easy way to get in? I'll keep trying to grab it :cry:

Thanks for getting back to me Breezer.

you may want to try a pair of pliers to grab it once you have found it

Sponsored Links
I hate Bra wires. Washing instructions usualy say hand wash only BUT !!

Gees said:
I hate Bra wires. Washing instructions usualy say hand wash only BUT !!

lol

Yes got to be a bra wire , be patient ;) it will resurface after a wash pull tip carefully with pliers ( worked for me :D ).

Was going to call engineer ( machine broken :rolleyes: ) imagine my red face when he would have told me what it was :oops:

onion_soup said:
Was going to call engineer ( machine broken :rolleyes: ) imagine my red face when he would have told me what it was :oops:

its quite common.

the "best one" had to be when filter was FULL of dogs fur.

"Worst one" a m/c full of s**t (literally) luckily, i got it onto spin (smashed the "lumps") , and it pumped it out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back