Legrand fuse box wont reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When a bulb goes in my house which is quite often the switch in the fuse box goes for that area. I just reset this by switching the switch. Unfortunately, the switch on my Legrand fuse box wont reset this time. Do I need to replace the fuse behind the switch? Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
When a bulb goes in my house which is quite often the switch in the fuse box goes for that area.
I assume you mean the breaker for that lighting circuit?

Do I need to replace the fuse behind the switch? Any help would be appreciated.
There is no fuse behind the switch.

If it won't reset then it's either damaged or there's a fault on the circuit.

Have you tried turning off the main switch, turning the MCB back on and then turning the power on? (Do this without any high-current loads like cookers or showers running to avoid stressing the contacts on the main switch).

I've turned off the Main Switch, waited a minute and switched it back on. I then switched the down light MCB back on but it still trips to the off position.

Have you tried turning off the main switch, turning the MCB back on and then turning the power on?

Sponsored Links
Did the bulb blow or just stop working? Can you try it on another circuit? Can you switch the MCB on with no bulb in the fitting?

It sounds like you may have a problem with the circuit.

Any recent work done on the circuit?
Any shelves or pictures hung (possible nails through cables)?

I left it over an hour and tried the switch again and it reset itself for about 20 minutes and then tripped back to the off position.

The bulb blew. I took the bulb out straight away, (The circuit holds about 4 lots of triple spot lights) no work done on circuit and no picture hung etc. I've just returned with with new bulbs and candles. I'm going to replace the bulb and see what happens.... It's worked :D (but for how long)

If it can hold out until Monday then I can get an electircian in to have a look. Thank you for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back