my glowworm boiler ultimate 50ff not lighting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've read around a little and have checked that the fan is working and pressure is being released but it's not lighting. It's been a bit on/off the last month or so. I also noticed that the reset/thermal cut out button is pressed in and stuck there (i can pull it out but then it goes straight back in) though it's been stuck like that for years and been working fine. What's wrong? how do i fix it?

Sponsored Links
If the fan is running and there is a gas supply to the boiler then its likely to be a gas/ignition/combustion problem.

In that case it is beyond the scope of a DIYer and will need a competent CORGI.

Tony

It makes some sort of clicking sound but doesnt fire up, if that helps you diagnose the problem.

Also any estimates on a repair price would be great

thanks

it'll more than likely be a blocked injector or the ignition lead is shorting out. the leads shorting out on these is very common. a bit more in depth and it could be a faulty pcb or gas valve but 9 times out of 10 it's one of the first 2.

Sponsored Links
To second the above, I have had both these problems over the years. The lead shorted out because it had been nipped by the cover going back on, and was not resting against the foam/sponge (depending on what model you have).

The jet would block, depending on how careful our LPG bottle supplier was in avoiding any dirty fall into the connections.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back