Lighting failure in kitchen - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! I have a circline (60w) light in my kitchen but it wont switch on. For a couple of weeks it would flicker a little and then come on but wont do anything now. Just spent £13 on a new bulb but that's made no difference. There's a little light around the plug on the bulb...what else could it be if not the bulb?
Easy one I'm sure but I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
I don't know the fitting, but it sounds like a fluorescent light of some sort, so my guess would be the starter needs replacing...

Almost certainly the starter that's stuck shorted. Replace it and try replacing the old lamp too.

You've now probably got a spare lamp.

thanks so much guys. is the starter hard to replace? i'm pretty sure i know where it is in the fitting - as you can guess, i know nothing :).

Sponsored Links
Little round device, turn it 90 degrees and it will pop out. Sold in packs of 2 at B&Q, though by the time you get round to using the second one, the fitting will be long gone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back