when removing filling key for worcester 28cdi combi water co

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst repressurising my worchester 28cdi combi boiler i inserted the filling key turned the grey knob to the desired level then turned it of. When i came to take out the filling key, water is coming out also, so i cant remove the key without water escaping, can anyone hlep or suggest anything please?

Sponsored Links
make sure the water is off..so your filling the boiler anymore. then turn the key and pull out. some water will escape, but a very small amount

make sure the water is off..so your filling the boiler anymore. then turn the key and pull out. some water will escape, but a very small amount

Thanks for the advice, do you mean turn of the mains water? I have turned the grey inlet valve as far as i can but still think i can hear water coming in. But willl try now thank you.

no, turn the knob on the left of the white key till its off then remove key

Sponsored Links
I have turned the knob on the left of the white key till its off then tried to remove key, but it only comes out with loads of water until i re insert the key, not sure what im doing wrong?

no, turn the knob on the left of the white key till its off then remove key

the filling knob is on the right of the key.

make sure the knob isnt just turning round and not actually turning the spindle as this is a common issue with these. the knob usually falls off if its doing that though.

there used to be a picture of the contraption in FAQ.
It should be fairly simple; close the valve you opened, don't touch anything else, consult your manual to see what is what.

I have discovered the filling knob is on the right of the key is just turning the spindle, so i used a pair of pilliars to close it but it still just keeps turning. Is there any other way to close the valve as im worried about leaving in the key as ur meant to remove straight away?

ps thanks for the help

Sounds like the filling unit is broken; the little plastic knob normally moves very easily and can be closed with very little effort.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back