installing AEG induction hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there everyone, I have used the information in this forum a lot recently, I am doing up my first house.

I have had the kitchen skimmed and new sockets installed.

On the 'oven' wall I have a cooker switch (with plug built in) and a plate on the wall. Next to the plate is a double socket, i've had a look and it appears to be wired into the cooker break out plate.

I will admit I wasn't aware that hobs used quite so much power! I have a new AEG oven too.

My question is this:

I assume the oven wires into the break out plate?
The hob goes where?

I have a socket near the ceiling, spurred from a double at worktop height, I assume this will be fine for extractor.

I don't have any technical info at the moment as i'm at school (no i'm not a student lol)

Any rough guides would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Matt

Sponsored Links
You need to provide us with some more info as follows:

Rating (kW) of both oven and hob
Size of cable supplying existing point
Rating of breaker in A protecting the circuit.

Even if all this checks out you need to test the circuit to establish that it is safe to use - can you do this?

SB

Thank you 'SparkyBird'

The hob is 7.4kW
the oven is 4kw (if i've found the right one on the net, as said before still at school)

The wire from the Consumer Unit is 10mm to the oven isolator (approx 1m), from the isolator to the oven break out panel (is this what its called?) (approx 1m) is also 10mm then there is a double plug next to the break out panel which is wired using 6mm.

The consumer unit is quite dated, but I believe the breaker is 40A, I assume this could be changed if needs be?

Thank you again.

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back