baxi combi instant 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i can not get constant hot water it gets hot and then runs warmish but not hot enough for a bath
my heating engineer has changed the h/w multiplate heat exchanger
the h.w temp snsor
and now the gas valve
can any body help
boiler not very old

Sponsored Links
I dont think he is a heating engineer !

He sounds like a parts changer.

I hope that you are not paying him for fitting all those parts which are nor required!

I expect Baxi/Potty do a fixed price repair and certainly British Gas do as well.

Better to get one or the other out instead and ask him for a full refaund of anything you have paid him as he has not fixed anything.

Tonyt

he is corgi registered
and was following Baxis fault finding chart as well as talking to some technical guy on the phone!

thats where he went wrong... baxi pott phone assist are useless.

turn boiler of and run hw tap till its cold.
make sure all pipes below boiler are cold and the turn boiler on and run hot tap. does the heating flow pipe get hot also.? if so tis the verter.... and yeah get a fixed price fix for this.

Sponsored Links
he is corgi registered
and was following Baxis fault finding chart as well as talking to some technical guy on the phone!

He may well be CORGI registered but that only means he is safe to work on gas.

He cannot know much about boilers if he cannot diagnose such a simple fault without help from the clerks who answer the phones at the manufacturers.

Tony

Has he checked the max/min burner pressures? A good basic place to start.

In that case if the boiler heat input is correct then has he explained where the heat is going?

Does he even have a digital temperature kit to measure pipe temperatures?

What does he say or is he just scratching his head?

Does he know that he is a nupty?

I think he should go back to fixing and unblocking toilets and leave boilers to people with a few more skills!

Tony

being rude without noing the situation is not Very profesional
and it still doesnt answer a question

will try it over the weekend but have gone away for a few days
thanks i will let you know monday

had 2 of these now same problem diverter valve. when dhw tap opened the pressure gauge fluctuated does that happen to yours. i have a friend who's a poo baxi engineer poor lad one thing never be short off work!!!

Agile said:
I dont think he is a heating engineer !
He sounds like a parts changer.
I hope that you are not paying him for fitting all those parts which are nor required!
I expect Baxi/Potty do a fixed price repair and certainly British Gas do as well.
Better to get one or the other out instead and ask him for a full refaund of anything you have paid him as he has not fixed anything.
This is BAD avdice and is liable to get you into court, or with concrete poured down your drains and glue in your locks, as in East Enders.

Was the agreement that he would guarantee to fix the boiler or charge nothing, providing free parts while he was at it? I doubt it.
And if it wasn't, the guy has to be paid.

There are no quallifications for repairing boilers per se. COrgi is only about gas safety.
If he's done what a combination of the manufacturer and their instructions say, he hasn't been negligent. WHat he's doing is "reasonable" in the eyes of the law.

He probably isn't very good and some parts he changed may not have been faulty, but we can't tell from here. But as long as he gets it fixed eventually, You can't go back on the initial contract, even if it wasn't written down.
He would of course be able to remove the new gas valve, say, to see if it was faulty. Then you wouldn't have to pay for the valve, only the work. If he says it was faulty, you're stuck.

So be careful whom you call, and what agreement you have. If you leave it open ended, you're vulnerable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back