L-N insulation resistance failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It was late, cold, I was tired and hungary and i got line to neutral resistnce test failure, literally 0, a short circuit. It was in a lighting circuit. The R1 R2 continuity was ok. I think on reflection, at home at this moment, that it could be that i have switched a loop instead of the switch conductors at the ceiling rose. Anything else I should look for please, a neutral to line fault does not suggest a clip or screw.

Thank you, in anticipation

Sponsored Links
Have a nights sleep, a good breakfast in the morning, then work it out logically.

But: It is a live to neutral fault, you haven't swapped a switched live and a loop.

If it is purely L to N, it is likely to be a wiring error (such as the sw drop) or a conected load.

I am assuming this is you testing before commisioning the circuit and not a fault finding exercise as such?

yep, testing before commisioning, thanks Mickey, but i've drawn it out and studied it, a closed switch would cause short if i had swapped a switch drop with a loop, i think, i will stand corrected however. With all switches open, no problem.

Sponsored Links
Favourite one - is there a door bell transformer in there ;)
Is it a new circuit or addition to an existing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back