Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 Back boiler.

No air in system, checked.
Room stat properly calling for heat.
Pump running okay.

Boiler fires up and goes out almost immediately. This repeats several times before it stops for a long while.

Pilot does come on and one in several times boiler main burners fire up but then stop again very shortly.

I get some very low heat through the system but not much.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
This could just be a pump problem but it could be a lot more sinister. Switch it off, leave it off and call in a Corgi engineer.

I have a Corgi registered plumber coming round this afternoon.

Two updates on this.

1) The pump is working I can hear it going round and water is being distributed. But I drew off some hot water from the tank and now the system 'seems' to be working better? I can't verify yet if these two incidents ARE related. I will discuss with the plumber.

2) I have a Tempus controller and I think the switch is set to Gravity. The system is Gravity Hot water/Pumped CH in a C plan configuration including the motorised valve for the Hot water. I have a question should this specific case have the switch in the controller set away from Gravity?
i.e. would this allow HW On/CH Off (which isn't the case in a unvalved GHW system)

Sponsored Links
I have had similar problems with our baxi bermuda. It could be the thermostat, thermocouple or gas valve! (we have had all these parts replaced in a short period of time) Boiler works great now - however we recently had a another similar problem (Boiler Fired up for hot water but not heating) this turned out to be the 3 way valve!

Will be interesting to see what your fault is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back