Reversing yale lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wondering if the old type of Yale lock the one with a snip on it and usually brass, that was fitted to most doors prior to double glazing can be reversed. I have a shed with an outwards opening door and i wanted to fit a Yale lock to it but they only seem to be for inwards opening doors. The idea of doing this is so instead of going to the trouble (and most often forgetting) to put the lock in the hasp and staple when you plan on going back to the shed shortly. I want to be able to just shut the door and the Yale lock locks it so you now need the key to open up. This would be great especially when the grand kids are visiting. I don't mean to use it as the main lock, its just for convenience. On the subject of shed doors is there any way that a multi-point locking system could be fitted.

Sponsored Links
Thanks , but how do you get it to reverse, do you have to take the lock to bits and turn the latch over.

cant remember exactly but it was only a 5 minuit job
take the back off and look ;)

Sponsored Links
OK thanks, i will have a look round and see what's available. If i cant find anything local i can always get the one you gave the link to at toolstation.

I would have got back to you sooner but my pc had a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back