steam coming from tanks in loft-any ideas how to solve it?

A

angelf

Steam/hot water is coming from the overflow from the tanks in the loft. Boiler is a Potterton kingfisher mf floor standing. Any ideas what is causing this & how to rectify it? :eek: cheers

Sponsored Links
Steam/hot water is coming from the overflow from the tanks in the loft. Boiler is a Potterton kingfisher mf floor standing. Any ideas what is causing this & how to rectify it? :eek: cheers
Which tank is overflowing, the large one or the small?

Is any water entering the tank from the vent pipe - the pipe which hangs over the tank?

How many pipes go into the Kingfisher boiler (not counting the gas pipe)?

to answer ur question:

steam coming from f & e

yes and no ie intermittently

not sure on answer to last question could be 4 could be 2 (minus gas on each occasion). Does this help?

not sure on answer to last question could be 4 could be 2 (minus gas on each occasion). Does this help?

that narrows it down. you have to look to find out.

Sponsored Links
pretty good chance there will be a fair lot of corrosion in the system.
possibly enough to have rotted the heat exchager

there are 4 pipes-2 flow & return for hot water & 2 flow & return for central heating does this help?
m

Aghhh Mary

Surveyer Plumbing Required

Hours to suit

Pay neg

Van supplied

My Guy`s are ****e

WILL DO BUT AM CURIOUS AS TO WHAT HAS CAUSED THIS? ANY IDEAS?
CANT WAIT TO MON. WANT TO KNOW NOW?

can you email me some batteries for my crystal ball then .
thanks in advance,

m meg.

have sorted it -as always if u want something done do it urself! cheers for nothing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back